As well as the youth sections and the adult leaders, there is another very important part of 25th Lewisham North Scout Group – and that’s you, the parents and carers. The group cannot function without you!
Scout Leaders are unpaid volunteers who run Scouting activities in their spare time. The weekly meetings can be quite hard work for the leaders but you can help us out by:
- Offering to help on a regular or occasional basis
- Staying to help tidy up at the end of the meeting sometimes
- Applying for a Criminal Record Bureau check (CRB) for the Scout Movement with our assistance, which allows you to camp with us.
- If you have a particular skill or hobby that you would be prepared to share with the group then please do let us know and we’ll do our best to incorporate it into the programme.
Scout Groups receive no government support and there are only three ways that we can generate the resources to enable us to continue.
- by using volunteers to help with individual sections, maintain the premises, organise appeals and events
- through appeals and events
- through subscriptions (including Gift Aid)
Clearly, if volunteer labour and fund-raising support is reduced, then subscriptions will have to rise to cover the Group’s costs.
If you have any time to give with no need to make a regular commitment, or would just like some more information, please speak to any of the leaders. All offers of help are gratefully received!